Anyone is eligible to use the EB-5 program to attain conditional residency as long as they can meet the investment requirement of $1,000,000 or $500,000 within a designated Targeted Employment Area (TEA) and he or she is otherwise admissible to the United States. Investors come from all over the world from many different walks of life.
- Applicant’s spouse and minor children can also apply for their conditional green card and subsequently for full citizenship in approximately 5 years
- Retirees who are self-sufficient and just want to reside in the United States
- Foreign investors wishing to purchase real estate or establish second residences
- Foreign nationals who qualify for permanent residence through family or employment but are on extremely long waiting lists
- Graduate students who have no job offer or have a job offer but are shut-out by the H-1B quota
- Parents who want a child to study in the U.S. and obtain in-state tuition
- Foreign nationals who are reaching the 6 year limit for their H-1B visa status
- A CEO or corporate manager who is being hired by a company but not being transferred from its overseas subsidiary
- Investors who might be eligible for treaty investor visas but their country does not have an investment treaty with the U.S.
- A foreign national investor in a U.S. business who does not want to be active in the day-to-day operations of the business
- Entrepreneurs or students who want to start their own businesses
- Spouses of permanent residents
- Doctors who have not passed U.S.MLE 1, 2 and 3
- Foreign nationals employed by employers who cannot or will not pay legal fees and advertising costs for a labor certification
- Foreign nationals who need/want to get out of country with problems
- Foreign nationals with urgent need or desire to become a permanent resident
- Individual owners of a business outside of the U.S.Many other foreign nationals who may have no options for legal status in the U.S.